Education, Residencies & Community
Reaching out beyond the edge of the stage
Hancher's education programs cultivate connections that excite schoolchildren, enlighten those hungry for knowledge, and energize each individual's creative engine.
The 2013-2014 season includes residency events — some on campus and in the local community, and others in spots around the state. Events for the 2013-14 with education events are:
- Martha Redbone
- Wycliffe Gordon
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Naturally 7
- Ragamala Dance
- Sones de Mexico
- Gallim Dance
- Working Group Theatre
Check out the Hancher website—now and throughout the season—for the latest updates on these programs.
Contact Erin Donohue for more information. Email Erin Donohue or call 319/335-0009.
Hancher's education program is generously supported by:
- The Herbert A. and Janice A. Wilson Arts Education Fund
- The Mary K. Calkin Arts Education Fund
- The Sara and Sherwood Wolfson Arts Education Fund
- The Wallace Foundation
- Hancher Partners
- Contributors to the Hancher Circle Fund
- and the Hancher Guild Showcase.